Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2go
2go
Lv3: Senior Member
Time Online : 3d 23h 27m 58s
State : Niger
My Club My Club : Barcelona

Post2go Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:27 am

2go wrote:Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_mz8xeee6001ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea will host reigning Premier League champions Manchester United at Stamford Bridge for
Premier League Matchday 22 on Sunday, January 19th

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Super-Sunday-Live-Panel-Chelsea-Manchester-Un_2851087

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_myyaf4itG11ruhh4yo1_1280

Premier League Matchday 22 sees League high-flyers Chelsea pitted against struggling Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, in a match-up that has certainly produced its share of exciting, well-fought, and indeed controversial games in recent times.

The sides have met on a whopping 6 occasions in the last 17 or so months since the start of the 2012/13 season, with 3 Chelsea wins, 1 United win, and 2 draws making up the sum. With 20 goals in those 6 games, including a 5-goal thriller in late October, a 9-goal thriller a few days later in the Capital One Cup, and an exciting 4-goal stalemate in the FA Cup quarterfinal last season, Sunday's match will certainly have much to live up to.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_myy96oA4K41ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 831992685

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 831992749

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 831992823

The corresponding fixture between the 2 sides last season in October of 2012 was one of undeniable excitement and controversy. Robin Van Persie struck twice inside 12 minutes to give the visitors an early and commanding 2-0 lead, but Roberto Di Matteo's men were able to claw one back a minute before halftime through a brilliant free-kick from Juan Mata. A Ramires header in the 53rd minute drew the ascendant Blues level, and they were decidedly the better side from then on out. That dominance was abruptly thwarted, however, when Branislav Ivanovic was sent off on 62 minutes after being adjudged to have illegitimately brought down Ashley Young, who had been played clean through on goal. The Blues sunk deeper into catastrophe when, just 5 minutes later, Fernando Torres was shown his second yellow card of the night for a supposed dive and joined his teammate in the home dressing room, leaving the shell-shocked Londoners with just 9 men for the final 20+ minutes.

And, if that hadn't been enough, Javier Hernandez scored a blatantly offside goal 15 minutes from time to send the Red Devil's back to Manchester with all 3 points.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Ij8lbwu0UAcnO

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United IT8ghKSzbFGYP

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 832636646

The Red Devils' most recent trip to Stamford Bridge overall, however, was not so triumphant. The Blues beat Alex Ferguson's men 1-0 in the FA Cup quarterfinal replay on the 1st of April via a brilliantly taken volley from Demba Ba a few minutes after halftime to send Rafa Benitez's men to Wembley.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 832986265
-
Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 832986470

___

-

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 832986719
-
Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United 832987019

Both sides strolled to relatively comfortable 2-0 wins in their Matchday 21 fixtures the weekend before. Chelsea beat a resilient Hull City 2-0 at the KC Stadium via a brilliant effort from Eden Hazard just under an hour in to put the Blues in front and a well-taken goal from Fernando Torres late on to seal it, while United avoided the potential embarrassment of losing to the same opponents twice in a week on their own patch with a 2-0 win over Swansea through goals from Antonio Valencia and Danny Welbeck.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_mz9c5zfer91ruhh4yo1_1280

-

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_mz9asxlQXU1ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_mz9b9xGJUx1ruhh4yo1_1280

The two sides go into this match in sharply differing circumstances. Chelsea have won 8 of their last 10 matches in the League, and remain well in the thick of the title hunt. After yet another season without a title challenge from the Blues last term, the return of José Mourinho has breathed new life into the West London side, and they look well on course to duke it out with Arsenal and Manchester City for the league's top spot to the very end this time around.

United, similarly, are in an completely unfamiliar situation themselves. Perennial challengers, if not favourites, for the title for last umpteen years, the Red Devils have had a mare of a season thus far under new manager David Moyes, currently sitting 7th in the table, 11 points off top going into the previous gameweek, and with a title challenge all but over even before the campaign's halfway point. Top 4 would now appear to be the Northerners' aim, and, sitting 5 points adrift of 4th at the start of Matchday 21 the week before, David Moyes' side have it all to do if they are to beat the likes of Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham to a crucial Champions League place come May.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_mz9hk67NZQ1ruhh4yo1_1280

Out for Chelsea are remain only veteran duo Frank Lampard and Branislav Ivanovic, while United are absolutely ravaged by injuries at present. Among those either doubtful or definitely ruled out for the Red Devils are British defensive trio Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jones and Jonny Evans, midfielder Marouane Fellaini, wide pair Nani and Ashley Young, Robin Van Persie, and current United top-scorer, highest assist-provider, and rumoured Chelsea transfer target Wayne Rooney, of whom David Moyes said after his side's 2-0 victory over Swansea Saturday, "His groin hasn't quite recovered. He's away with his family and the coach. Hopefully we can get him fit to face Chelsea."

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United Tumblr_mz3vstaCSx1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1600 GMT

Godfather
Godfather
Lv2: Member
Time Online : 52d 8h 17m 28s
State : Enugu
My Club My Club : Manchester City

PostGodfather Sun 19 Jan 2014, 8:01 am

though Man utd players are in injury crisis but the game may still end up in draw.

Chelsea 0 - 0 Manchester United
or
Chelsea 1 - 1 Manchester United
2go
2go

Post2go Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:22 pm

Gooooaal Chelsea 1 - 0 Manchester United

from samuel Eto'o
Godfather
Godfather
Time Online : 52d 8h 17m 28s
State : Enugu
My Club My Club : Manchester City

PostGodfather Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:29 pm

David Luiz with yellow card.
2go
2go

Post2go Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

A. Young got a yellow card
2go
2go

Post2go Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm

A. Young got a yellow card
2go
2go

Post2go Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:52 pm

Another goal from samuel eto at 45 mins
2go
2go

Post2go Sun 19 Jan 2014, 6:14 pm

Hat Trick from Eto'oooooooo 🥅
Monsterman
Monsterman
My Club My Club : Chelsea

PostMonsterman Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:42 am

That was a wonderful defeat and we hit at Man City last night
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum