Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

No Corp Members For Adamawa, Borno, Yobe — NYSC DG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2go
2go
Lv3: Senior Member
Time Online : 3d 23h 27m 58s
State : Niger
My Club My Club : Barcelona

Post2go Thu 15 May 2014, 8:41 pm

The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier -General Johnson Olawumi, has said that the Federal Government has stopped deployment of corps members in the troubled three North-East states of Boro, Adamawa and Yobe, which are currently under emergency rule.

The three states are also in a state of emergency at present.

Speaking when he appeared before the National Conference Committee on Civil Society, Labour and Sports at Nicon Luxury Hotel, yesterday, in Abuja, the NYSC boss explained that some Corps members do apply to be posted to such areas and were obliged by the agency.

He added that with the security situation in these states and policy position of the scheme, no one was forced to go to those states.

General Olawumi also told the delegates that plans had been concluded to send Corps members to banks and oil companies.

He said: “We also want to expand our coast by posting Corps members to oil companies and banks. By government policy, we are to deploy members to four key areas, talking of health, education, agriculture and rural development.
Brainstorm
Brainstorm
Time Online : 5s
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostBrainstorm Fri 16 May 2014, 5:55 am

goof development

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum