Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Argentina announce final squad for World Cup 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barcaman
Barcaman
Lv3: Senior Member
Time Online : 46m 24s
State : Nigeria
My Club My Club : Barcelona

PostBarcaman Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:55 am

Manchester City trio Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Demichelis and Sergio Aguero will join Lionel Messi and co in Argentina's 23-man World Cup squad.

Coach Alejandro Sabella has settled on his final selection, and his ranks are brimming with attacking talent.

Barcelona talisman Messi will lead the pursuit of global glory this summer, but he will be ably assisted by an enviable array of
proven performers at the peak of their powers.

City striker Aguero falls into that category after helping to secure the Premier League title in 2013/14 - alongside fellow countrymen Zabaleta and Demichelis.

Another forward to shine in World Cup year was Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain, while Ezequiel Lavezzi tasted Ligue 1 success again at Paris St Germain.

Rodrigo Palacio has shown no signs of slowing down in Serie A at Inter Milan and Angel Di Maria enjoyed a standout campaign at Real Madrid as they landed a
10th European crown.

Sabella must find a way of bringing all of these pieces together, while also keeping
things tight at the back, but he will welcome a few selection headaches ahead of a Group F campaign against Bosnia-
Herzegovina, Nigeria and Iran.
Argentina's 23-man squad for the 2014 World Cup:

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (Sampdoria), Mariano Andujar (Catania), Agustin Orion (Boca Juniors)

Defenders: Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Federico Fernandez (Napoli), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica), Marcos Rojo (Sporting Lisbon), Hugo Campagnaro (Inter Milan), Martin Demichelis (Manchester City), Jose Basanta (Monterrey)

Midfielders: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Fernando Gago (Boca Juniors), Lucas Biglia (Lazio), Ricardo Alvarez (Inter Milan), Augusto Fernandez (Celta Vigo), Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid), Maxi Rodriguez (Newell's Old Boys), Enzo Perez (Benfica)

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), GonzaloHiguain (Napoli), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Rodrigo Palacio (InterMilan), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Paris St Germain)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12026/9335836/world-cup-argentina-have-named-their-23-man-squad-for-this-summers-finals
Loveth
Loveth
Time Online : 13m 8s
State : Rivers
My Club My Club : Liverpool

PostLoveth Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:41 am

Messi to lead Argentina squas. I thought it should be Aguero

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum