Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Rivers Election: Former Militant Leader, Ateke Tom Turns Preacher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fakegun
Fakegun
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
Time Online : 1h 10m 25s
State : Nigeria
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostFakegun Mon 14 Nov 2016, 8:23 pm

Rivers Election: Former Militant Leader, Ateke Tom Turns Preacher  4482421_ateketom_jpegfebc4023014e31088cffce9f96137cee
An ex-militant leader in Rivers State, Chief Ateke Tom, has called on the security agencies to be very thorough in their responsibilities so that criminals would have no hiding place in the state in the December 10 re-run elections in some parts of the state.

Tom made the call in Port Harcourt on Monday while fielding questions from newsmen about the upcoming election. He said that peace remained crucial for a successful re-run elections in the state and subsequently enjoined people of the state to be peaceful during the election.

The ex-militant leader also preached that it is undemocratic for political parties to promote issues capable of igniting crisis, emphasising that “politics should not be a do or die affair”. His words:

“Parties should be free to hold their campaigns anywhere in the state without fear or favour. I am ready to support the holding of party campaigns even in my bedroom, in my village too, every party is welcome.”

What if Ateke Tom actually turns Pastor someday? grin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum