Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Jibrin Slam Reps Over Purchase Of N3.6 Billion Worth Of Cars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yungcrae
yungcrae
Lv3: Senior Member
Lv3: Senior Member

Postyungcrae Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:16 pm

Jibrin Slam Reps Over Purchase Of N3.6 Billion Worth Of Cars Jibrin

The former Chairman of House appropriation committee, Hon Abdulmumin Jibrin has criticized the decision of the House of Representatives to purchase exotic cars worth N3.6b, adding that it shows how insensitive the House is to the plight of suffering Nigerians.

The embattled lawmaker who was suspended by the House for 180 days, for accusing the Speaker, Hon Yakubu Dogara of padding the 2016 budget, said he will reject his own car, and called on other Reps to do the same.Jibrin also revealed that the lawmakers do not need cars for their oversight functions as claimed, adding that the agencies they supervise send buses to convey them.
“That it is an outright lie that the cars are needed for oversight as over 80 per cent of oversight activities of the House of Representatives are carried out in Abuja and in almost all instances it is the MDA’s that arrange buses to convey members from the premises of the House to the respective MDA,” he said.

“That such areas that are far away from Abuja, members always use flights to the nearest location while the MDAs arrange vehicles and other logistics to complete the visit. In almost all instances, the MDAs provide accommodation and pay for the tickets and other logistics.

“That even if we assume that the cars are needed, it is unfair to further put additional N4bn into such a wasteful venture while at the same time members pocket about N10m monthly. An amount many members use to sponsor their lavish lifestyles and buy as many exotic cars for their private use,” he stated.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/21/jibrin-slam-reps-over-purchase-of-n3-6-billion-worth-of-cars/
Paradise
Paradise
Administrator
Administrator
Gender Gender : Male
Time Online : 8d 3h 36m 31s
State : Ebonyi
My Club My Club : Barcelona
Awards :

PostParadise Mon 21 Nov 2016, 6:34 pm

Personally I dont think what the reps did was the right thing to be done at this time?

See, asuu threatening strikes and yet they re not loking towards that direction. What a shame.
Ellaspecial
Ellaspecial
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
Gender Gender : Female
Time Online : 4s
State : Benue State
My Club My Club : Liverpool

PostEllaspecial Tue 22 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm

Exactly @Paradise
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum