Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

WE HAVE NO ISSUES WITH BIAFRA AGITATORS, OPERATION PYTHON DANCE NOT AGAINST IGBOS – OBIANO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Biafranpalace
Biafranpalace
Lv3: Senior Member
Lv3: Senior Member
Time Online : 5s
My Club My Club : Liverpool

PostBiafranpalace Fri 09 Dec 2016, 1:56 pm

WE HAVE NO ISSUES WITH BIAFRA AGITATORS, OPERATION PYTHON DANCE NOT AGAINST IGBOS – OBIANO Willie_obiano

The Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, yesterday said that his administration has no issues with the groups agitating for the restoration of Republic of Biafra, insisting that the concern of the state government was tomake Anambra State conducive for investors.

Speaking through his commissioner for information and communications strategy, Ogbuefi Tony Nnacheta at a news conference in Awka, Obiano also denied the allegation that he instigated the military exercise code-named Operation Python Dance to diminish the struggle of the pro-Biafra agitators.

The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, had, in a statement by its Spokesperson, Mr. Emma Powerful, said his group would hold the South East governors responsible if anything happened to anybody in the zone because, the Federal Government and the Nigeria Army could not have deployed weapons in all the parts of South East without the consent of the state governors.

But Obiano said yesterday: “It is incorrect for some persons to suggest that Anambra State is at war or loggerheads with any sect, persons or organizations on account of the ongoing military training exercise. Rather, the officers and men of the Nigerian Army are enjoined to discharge their duties with courtesy, thereby earning the respect of our people in the entire Southeast.

“We are informed that an elaborate civil –military cooperation line of operation has been planned during the exercise. The Anambra State government will at all times ensure that the rights and comfort of our people, which are non-negotiable, are respected by all and sundry.

“The on-going exercise by the Nigerian Army in the South East is being misinterpreted by some persons as an exercise designed to inconvenience the Igbo and in particular Anambra people. Exercise Python Dance is a routine military exercise by the Nigerian Army in the South East of Nigeria and not only in Anambra state.

“Similar exercises had also taken place in other geopolitical zones of the country without any incident or controversy.”
Speed
Speed
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostSpeed Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:43 pm

who cares?  Whistling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum