Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

How To Answer Exam Questions Correctly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zenith
Zenith
Lv3: Senior Member
Time Online : 1h 52m 24s
My Club My Club : Manchester United

PostZenith Sun 16 Mar 2014, 8:29 pm

HOW TO ANSWER EXAM QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

Exams are sometimes difficult to tackle. They require a great deal of studying, and may incur stress in the process. Exams sometimes are made up of several sections, including multiple choices, short answer and an essay question. While each section is different, there are strategies, such as the process of elimination, reading the directions and taking your time that you can employ to improve your chance of answering the questions on the exam correctly.

Read the directions carefully. Colorado state university reports that students don’t always answer the question asked to use a descriptive format, but you use comparison instead, then you may not receive a high score on that portion of the exam.

Skip questions that you cannot answer and came back to them late. Don’t waste time on them. You may find information later in the exam that helps you with earlier questions. Come back and focus on the most difficult questions after you’ve answered everything else.

Reread the entire exam after you’re finished. Take at least ten minutes to look over your answers, Colorado state university advises. Think about them logical and look for any glaring mistakes.

Use the process of elimination on multiple choice questions. Look for answers that grammatically match the question, such as the noun and verb both being plural, suggests Cornll University.

Repeat the question when you begin to answer the essay portion of the exam. You are more likely to write a response that answers the question if you repeat it when you begin writing, according to Colorado state university.
Address the main point of the question. Time often dictates how much you can write, so it’s important to begin addressing the main point of the essay or short answer question, followed by supporting evidence or illustrations, according to Cornell University.

Think of answer before you look at the options for multiple choice questions. Determining the answer before reading the choices often helps you eliminate wrong answers, says Cornell University.
Deswimmer
Deswimmer
Administrator
Administrator
Gender Gender : Male
Time Online : 50d 3h 17m 1s
State : Enugu
My Club My Club : Real Madrid
Awards :

PostDeswimmer Sun 15 May 2016, 7:22 am

@Zenith I love your write up it makes whole lot of sense
Paradise2
Paradise2
Lv1: New Member

PostParadise2 Thu 19 May 2016, 10:21 pm

Deswimmer wrote:@Zenith I love your write up it makes whole lot of sense
Paradise2
Paradise2

PostParadise2 Thu 19 May 2016, 10:22 pm

Deswimmer wrote:@Zenith I love your write up it makes whole lot of sense
Xflint
Xflint
Time Online : 2h 20m 29s
State : nil
My Club My Club : Manchester City

PostXflint Fri 20 May 2016, 5:40 am

@Zenith hope sey u dey practice am ooo. Anyway nice tips
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum