Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

An Igbo Woman Becomes The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barcaman
Barcaman
Lv3: Senior Member
Lv3: Senior Member
Time Online : 46m 24s
State : Nigeria
My Club My Club : Barcelona

PostBarcaman Tue 19 Mar 2019, 10:33 pm

An Igbo Woman Becomes The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering.  90150410

An Igbo Woman By Name, Wendy Okolo, Becomes The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering. I strongly Believe That Women Can Do More.

Dr. Wendy Okolo is a Nigerian-born National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) aerospace engineer and the first Black woman to earn a doctorate in the field.

According to her profile on the organization's website, Okolo works as a special emphasis programs manager at Ames Research Center and is a research engineer in the Discovery and Systems Health Technology (DaSH) Area. Her role includes researching control systems applications, systems health monitoring and creating solutions for issues related to the designing of aircraft and spacecraft. 

She earned her B.S. and Ph.D. at the University of Texas at Arlington in 2010 and 2015. Okolo completed her dissertation research with a focus on aircraft fuel-saving methods. Her research was funded by several organizations including the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), American Institute for Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA) and Texas Space Grant Consortium (TSGC).

After completing her graduate studies, she worked a summer researcher at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in the Control Design and Analysis Branch at the Air Force Research Laboratory. While there, Okolo piloted one of the world’s fastest crewed aircraft.

Per the Philadelphia Tribune, Okolo is the first Black woman to earn a doctorate in aerospace engineering at just 26 years old. Along with accomplishing the prestigious honor, she was the winner of the Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) Global Competitiveness Conference award for being the most promising engineer in the United States government.
Tola
Tola
Lv0: Stranger
Lv0: Stranger
Time Online : 6m 16s
My Club My Club : Tottenham Hotspurs

PostTola Tue 19 Mar 2019, 11:12 pm

That is what it should be not the other room alone
IgboistReporter
IgboistReporter
Gender Gender : Female
Time Online : 3m 19s
State : Igboland
My Club My Club : Arsenal

PostIgboistReporter Wed 20 Mar 2019, 7:23 am

Very nice. ice cream women are making more progress now.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum