Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paradise
Paradise
Administrator
Administrator
Gender Gender : Male
Time Online : 8d 3h 36m 31s
State : Ebonyi
My Club My Club : Barcelona
Awards :

PostParadise Thu 16 Jun 2016, 3:32 pm

ADENIYI Ademola, justice of the federal high court in Abuja, has adjourned a suit challenging the veracity of the academic credentials of President Muhammadu Buhari indefinitely.

In his ruling on Thursday, Adeniyi said that the case was being adjourned indefinitely, following a notice of appeal filed by the president.

On Wednesday, Buhari had appealed against a previous ruling of the court dismissing his preliminary objection to the suit filed by Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe, an Abuja-based lawyer.

The bottom-line of Nwokocha’s suit is that Buhari was not qualified to run for president because he did not possess the minimum qualification to run for the office.

He is alleging that Buhari did not sit for the Cambridge West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961.

Senior lawyers lined up by the president to argue his case are Wole Olanipekun (SAN), Lateef O. Fagbemi (SAN), Akin Olujinmi (SAN), Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu (SAN), Kola Awodein (SAN), Taiwo Osipitan (SAN).

Others are Charles Edosomwan (SAN), Emeka Ngige (SAN), Femi Atoyebi (SAN), Femi Falana (SAN), Funke Aboyade (SAN), H.O. Afolabi.

Meanwhile, Nnamdi Nwokocha Ahaiwe has filed an amended suit before a Federal high Court in Abuja challenging the academic qualification of President Muhammadu Buhari.

In the amended motion on notice before Justice Ademola Adeniyi filed on Monday, Ahaiwe is seeking an order of the court invalidating the candidature of Buhari in respect of the 2015 general election.

The lawyer also wants the court to order the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to withdraw the ‘Certificate-of-Return’ to Buhari and issue a fresh one to former president, Goodluck Jonathan, who came second in the election.

Ahaiwe’s pending suit filed in the court in 2015 is contending that the president does not possess the minimum constitutional requirement of a primary six certificate or a West African School Certificate.
Xmonks
Xmonks
Lv2: Member
My Club My Club : Arsenal

PostXmonks Thu 16 Jun 2016, 3:40 pm

Does Buhari have any certificate?

If he has then what is difficult in bringing this sheet of paper out.
emeka
emeka
Gender Gender : Male
State : Abia
My Club My Club : Manchester City

Postemeka Fri 17 Jun 2016, 7:32 am

Xmonks wrote:Does Buhari have any certificate?

If he has then what is difficult in bringing this sheet of paper out.

funny you. lol
Labister
Labister
Lv1: New Member
Lv1: New Member
Time Online : 14m 52s
My Club My Club : Juventus

PostLabister Sat 18 Jun 2016, 5:38 am

I will not comment even if they try harder, i will never comment.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum