Igboists Forum - Nigerian Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Announcements

Broccoli and its Health Benefits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NiceDoctor
NiceDoctor
Lv3: Senior Member
Lv3: Senior Member
My Club My Club : Liverpool

PostNiceDoctor Fri 04 Apr 2014, 9:18 pm

Broccoli and its Health Benefits
broccoli is rich in Vitamin A, vitamin K and Vitamin C. it is a powerful antioxidant compounds known as indoles and sulphoraphane, which suggests that a healthy diet that includes broccoli may aid in the prevention of certain illnesses and diseases.

Health Benefits of Broccoli
Drinking broccoli juice daily can prevent many diseases.

Broccoli Helps in the prevention of Cancer.
The antioxidants in broccoli help fight cancer. Indole-3carbonol, in particular helps in protecting against hormone sensitive cancers like breast cancer. This is due to its ability to deactivate a potent oestrogen metabolite that can promote breast tumour growth. Indol-3-carbonol has also been shown to help stop other cancer from spreading. Furthermore indol-3-carbonol helps in protecting against prostate cancer cell growth.

Sulphoraphane is a potent detoxifier. It helps boost liver detoxification enzymes and has also been shown to cause programmed cell death of abnormal and cancerous cells.

Compounds in cruciferous vegetables may also be associated with lower incidence of lung, colon, ovarian and bladder cancer.

Broccoli Helps Give Healthy Eyesight
Broccoli contains lutein, broccoli can help prevent blindness by offering cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.

Broccoli help build strong bones and prevents osteoporosis
Osteoporosis means thinning of bones. Broccoli is rich in calcium and phosphorous which are needed for strong bones and teeth. Broccoli is also rich in vitamin C, which aids the absorption of calcium. Eating calcium rich foods can help prevent bone loss and osteoporosis.

Broccoli helps in the formation of Haemoglobin Levels
Broccoli is a good vegetarian source of iron, the mineral that helps for haemoglobin, which carries oxygen around the blood. The presence of chlorophyll in green vegetables also helps with oxygen transport.
Chatter
Chatter
Lv2: Member
Lv2: Member
Time Online : 384d 22h 1m 51s
State : nil
My Club My Club : Manchester City

PostChatter Fri 04 Apr 2014, 9:25 pm

Nice Tips :good post:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum